Prevention and prohibition of Ragging in the Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education.
Ragging is totally prohibited in Mother Theressa College of Engineering and Technology, inside and / or outside the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging whether actively or passively, or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
Mother Theressa College of Engineering and Technology ensures that the congenial and welcoming environment is given to the freshers. To achieve this objective following committee has been formed by the Institute as per UGC Regulation 2009:
PUNISHMENTS FOR RAGGING:
- Every single incident of ragging, an FIR shall be lodged without exception, of the college authorities with the local police. In addition, one or any combination of the following punishments can be awarded:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.