Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
With a view to develop e-content learning resources for the students studying engineering, the Learning Management Portal – AKANKSHA has been started. AKANKSHA provides an integrated platform and launch portal for online (web based) courses, using information and communication technology (ICT). It also covers skill development, skill enhancement and employability courses to ensure that every student benefits from learning material through ABIT e-Learning / Early Learning Readiness Videos (ELRV), Akanksha, The e-Learning Content Management Portal.
E-learning can further augment engineering education by use of e-resources, online courses, blended learning, lecture management systems, and other communication and collaboration tools.
Implementation of ICT in engineering education involves use of ICT for delivery of classroom lectures, demonstration and conduct of laboratory experiments, course and class management and administration. Classroom teaching is assisted by presentations that contains sufficient material, circuit diagrams, network diagrams, process diagrams and flowcharts. Softcopies of the books prescribed in the syllabi are used while delivering the lectures. While explaining a circuit or program simulation software and compilers may be used in classrooms for better understanding of the lessons. Animations and visualizations can be used to demonstrate the working of a component, functioning of a circuit or process.
Simulation software, engineering design and evaluation tools, mind-mapping tools e.g. MatLab, Mathematica, MathCad, Octave, OrCAD, SPICE, AutoCAD, Solid Works, Inspiration, MindManager, etc. can be used in networked computing laboratory to demonstrate and carryout experiments.
- One-stop web and mobile based interactive e-content for all courses.
- High quality learning experience using multimedia on anytime, any where basis.
- Conduct of MOOCs allowing easy access, monitoring and certification.
- Peer group interaction and discussion forum to clarify doubts.
- Hybrid model of delivery that adds to the quality of classroom teaching.
ABIT has a YouTube Channel, where you can access various videos. Our directory lists 6500+ video lectures made by our distinguished faculty in 100+ subject areas. You have to enrol to study online – and it’s free!
Each course includes a full set of e-Learning / Early Learning Readiness Videos (ELRV) produced in high-quality video accompanied by other instructional material as Course Description, Syllabus, Lecture notes, Concept Video Topics, Tech Talk Topics, Open Ended Experiments / Problems / Project Ideas, Tutorial Question Bank, Definitions and Terminology, Model Question Papers and Previous Examination Question Papers.
The Difference Between ELRV Lectures and MOOC Courses
ELRV lectures are recorded in the ICT studio and uploaded to the Akanksha, The e-Learning Content Management Portal. MOOCs and other Honours / Minor courses are specifically designed for online learning, offering further features.
- Online interaction: Not available for ELRV lectures, but MOOCs offer discussion forums for students and instructors.
- Exams: Many online courses offer tests for learners to check their progress.
- Certificates: MOOC students can purchase optional certificates.
- Costs: While ELRV lectures are free, some online courses are fee-based.
Here you can find free online educational resources including ELRV audio / video lectures for academic courses, public lectures and events, and other educational materials. This section is conceptually divided into ten categories:
- Employability Courses: Your education may make you eligible to apply for a job but, to be successful, you will need skills that you are likely to develop over time. A collection of video lectures that primarily focuses on core employability skills such as communication, coding, problem solving, creativity and arithmetic—supported by practical components such as interview skills. These are useful, if you are either looking for a job or you need to update your skills.
- Programming Courses: a collection of audio/video lectures for academic courses from our distinguished faculty in C, Python and MATLAB.
- Common First B.Tech Courses: a collection of audio/video lectures for academic courses from our distinguished faculty in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- Engineering Courses (Theory / Practical): a collection of audio/video lectures for academic courses for all branches of engineering from our distinguished faculty.
- Common Engineering Courses: a collection of audio/video lectures for the courses offered in Data Structures, Engineering Mechanics, Business Economics and Financial Analysis.
- Courses under Honours Degree: a collection of audio/video lectures for the courses offered under honours degree program (20 credits) who wish to add some breadth to their education.
- Courses under Minor / Additional Minor Degree: a collection of audio/video lectures for the courses offered under minor / additional minor degree program for all branches of engineering.
- Student Testimonial Videos and Technical / HR Interview Experiences: The students offered success tips for students after being asked what do they think is key to being successful while study at college?
Meet the students who have studied with us and explore the impact their training had on their careers. Discover why they enrolled onto their training and the challenges they faced. Find out how their studies have made an impact on their future careers, and get their advice for anyone wishing to enter the tech world.
- Academic Facilities – Campus Life Videos: The videos describes regulations, practices and procedures regarding teaching, learning, student services, and facilities management applicable to students and staff of the college. Also, the knowledge development aspect of learning such as Makerspace, Technology Innovation and Incubation, StartUp facilities and Experiential learning.
- Access to e-Books, e-Thesis and Journals: To keep students abreast with the latest developments in Engineering & Technology, the library provide access to over 2300 e- books, e-journals, conference proceedings, standards and other resources. The library started providing access to more than 300 e-resources of three publishers: ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) and IEL (IEEE/IET Electronic Library). All the student project works since the institute became autonomous are also included. E-books are books that are available in electronic format and serve the same purpose as a conventional printed book with enhanced features such as text searching, hyperlinks, embedded hypermedia etc.
Can I earn course credit for ELRV Courses?
Although no course credit can be earned for courses viewed on the ELRV Courses, two of the courses made available can be taken for credit through Online.
Professors are teaching these courses to the registered students during summer semester in an online format. Both courses feature extensive interaction with faculty and fellow students.
Access some of those videos from this page to learn about some areas on campus that contribute to the student experience. Play the video to start the video playlist, or press the top right button to pick from various videos to watch.
- Courses listed under Honours
- Courses listed under Minor
More Online Digital Resources To Students & Faculty
- A Memo to students on punching through the pandemic – https://www.teachingprofessor.com/covid-19/a-memo-to-students-on-punching-through-the-pandemic/
- Practice and Improve your communication skills – https://mirrorai.perspect.ai/
- Online Assessments Platform to prepare for campus recruitments – https://www.placementseason.com/products/2021-company-specific-free-mock-test-series
- Coursera Campus – https://www.coursera.org/ (Faculty and students would receive emails with login details to access courses)
- TCS ion Digital Class Room – https://learning.tcsionhub.in/iDH/India/
- TCS Codevita Contest – https://campuscommune.tcs.com/en-in/intro/contests/codevita-season-9
- SWAYAM Online Courses
- SWAYAM Online Courses
- UG/PG UGC-MOOCs
- e-PG Pathshala
- e-Content Courseware in UG Subjects
- SWAYAM PRABHA
- CEC UGC YouTube Channel
- e-ShodhSindhu: Consortium for Higher Education Electronic Resources
- Khan Academy
- AICTE – Free e-learning courses for students
List of International e-learning sites(Free Courses):
- University Of Berkeley
- Carnegie Mellon University
- London School of Business and Finance
- Venture Lab
- OPEN HPI
- Philanthropy University
- Skill Share
- Code Academy
- Academic Earth
- YouTube Education
- Learn To Be
- Course Talk
- Skill Academy
- British Council Free Online Courses 2020
Virtual tour of Museums: