The motto or watchword of the National Service Scheme is ‘NOT ME BUT YOU’. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other person’s point of view, and also to show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines the fact that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as the whole. Therefore, it should be the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day activities.
- To interpret the scheme to the students and other members of the college community and create awareness about the scheme.
- To Motivate, recruit and select student for NSS work.
- To enlist cooperation and coordination of community agencies, government departments and non-governmental agencies.
- To select service projects on the basis of utility an feasibility.
- To prepare orientation programme for NSS volunteers, explain them about the concept of social service, and teach them methods and skills required for achieving the objectives of the scheme
- To promote community education through meetings, talks, news bulletins discussions etc.
- To help in formulating NSS programmers which will have direct relationship with the academic curricula.
- To help the faculty members for collecting data of the students who participates in different events and other activities.
- To fallow up and implement the instruction given by the coordinator and faculty member of the committee
- Collecting photos of different events organizing in the college.
- To help the coordinator and faculty member in designing of the website.